Andy is part of the Media Innovation Studio team and teaches Digital and Online Journalism at the Divison of Journalism at the University of Central Lancashire. He’s currently researching the intersection of hyperlocal, journalism and open data.
They have had dedicated postgraduate and undergraduate courses in Online Journalism since 1999. They’ve been teaching journalism for a long time before that. In fact they are the oldest journalism school in the UK.
In his spare time he’s been known to edit TV programmes and provides training for journalists and organisations making the move to Digital.
- Andy really likes Macs, but doesn’t dislike PC’s
- Andy mainly uses Avid and FCP or tape and razor blades – he isn’t fussy.
- Andy uses WordPress to blog.
- Google Analytics to manage stats and feeds.
- He like to tweet at @digidickinson
- He likes to take pictures and put them on Instagram
- He does conform to the stereotype and likes sci-fi
- He is a bit more comfortable than he should be with Escenic CMS
In the little time he has amongst that, he is a geek.
Andy is available for help, advice, training and speaking gigs. He’d love to hear from you.
Andy would like to point out that the views expressed in this blog are his own and do not reflect the views of the University or Division of Journalism.